Framework contract for the provisions of services in the area of evaluation, analysis, support to impact assessments and implementation of climate change policies – FC CLIMA
FC CLIMA is a EU DG CLIMA multiple framework contract aiming at providing timely and high quality services and studies under specific contracts supporting evaluation, impact assessments, analysis, implementation, evidence collection and research work including public consultations in relation to climate change policies.
The DG CLIMA of the European Commission pursues a range of policy, legislative and financial initiatives related to the EU’s international and domestic climate action. The objective of these initiatives is to contribute to stopping global warming by aiming for an ambitious climate action agreement at international level while pursuing the shift towards a low carbon (mitigation) and promoting a climate-resilient (adaptation) economy in the EU, in line with the 7th Environment Action Programme and the Energy Union with a forward looking climate policy.
The General objective of this multiple framework contract is to provide timely and high quality services and studies under specific contracts supporting evaluation, impact assessments, analysis, implementation, evidence collection and research work including public consultations in relation to climate change policies.
FEEM is partner in a Consortium of 29 organisations supporting the DG CLIMA in the field of impact assessments and implementation of climate change policies. The Consortium, lead by ICF International (UK), includes high-level experts in project management and consultancy, evaluation, policy impact assessment, cost-benefit analysis, economic modelling, data collection and analysis, as well as specialists in energy, climate, environment and transport.
The Consortium aims at providing support to the DG CLIMA by focusing on themes related to the EU’s international and domestic climate action, such as:
- Support to international climate negotiations and climate diplomacy initiatives;
- EU Emissions trading System (ETS);
- Reduction of emissions in the transport sector;
- Reduction of emissions in the agriculture sector;
- GHG mitigation modelling for all sectors and gases, at EU and international level;
- Low carbon Technologies;
- Monitoring, reporting and verification systems of greenhouse gas emissions and policies;
- International and domestic climate finance;
- The EU strategy on Adaptation to climate change;
- Insurance of climate related disaster risk.