Living Opportunities for Our Planet – LOOP
The LOOP project intends to transfer knowledge and competencies on sustainable development and to involve students in the recent debates on Circular Economy and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Europe. On the one hand, the project aims to provide students with the scientific knowledge and skills to understand the current global issues related to sustainable development. On the other hand, the initiative expects to stimulate students in learning, developing, and sharing conscious behaviors.
The project will support the selected students of three schools in Italy, Cyprus, and Croatia in the development of several activities and outputs, under the guidance of teachers and tutors appropriately trained through the “Meet&Learn” Platform. The technical and scientific partners FEEM, CivicaMente, and the University of Zagreb will adopt the “Open Mind” innovative didactic approach based on the digital and ICT pedagogy, which uses multimedia tools to guarantee a high degree of learners’ involvement, also promoting the development of fundamental soft skills.
As a result, the students will improve their linguistic and technological skills and develop knowledge of the circular economy; additionally, teachers will acquire innovative teaching methodologies and specialised competencies in the scientific fields of the project.
Finally, LOOP will contribute to raising awareness at different levels of the importance of turning to a circular economy model based on the principles “Redesign, Reduction, Recycling, and Reuse” to promote the achievement of the SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
The “Meet&Learn” Platform is the key output of the project: it will work as an interactive training provider for teachers and students, a dissemination channel for the community, a communication tool for the partners, and an online repository for the project materials.
All the other outputs will be available on the Platform, including:
- The training materials for teachers and students on Circular Economy;
- Students’ research essays investigating the four “R’s” of the circular economy;
- Students’ transnational thematic projects, including video teasers, narrative proposals, and interviews;
- The report on the project methodology.
The project methodology was designed to be adapted to different countries and contexts; this will facilitate the effective replicability of the teaching models in other contexts at the European and international level, which is the most significant desired impact of the LOOP project.
Transnational Project Meetings
- Project Meeting (Kick-off), Limassol (Cyprus), January 17, 2020;
- Online Transnational Project Meeting, November, 9-10 2020;
- Project Meeting, Gela (Italy), forthcoming (September 2021).
- Short-term exchange of groups of pupils, A’ Technical School of Limassol (Limassol), forthcoming (May 2022).
- Dissemination conference, Limassol (Cyprus), forthcoming (June 2022);
- Dissemination conference, Gela (Italy), forthcoming (June 2022);
- Dissemination conference, Zagreb (Croatia), forthcoming (June 2022).