FEEM at the Energy Modelling Platform for Africa Event in Cape Town
08:00 - 19:00
On Wednesday January 30, 2019 in Cape Town, FEEM participates in the High-Level dialogue of the Energy Modelling Platform for Africa (EMP-A).
High-Level dialogue of the Energy Modelling Platform for Africa (EMP-A) 2019 is a meeting jointly organised by:
- Association for Progressive Communication – APC / United Nations Economic Commission for Africa – UNECA;
- The World Bank;
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs – UNDESA;
- United Kingdom Aid Direct – UKAID;
- University of Cape Town – UCT;
- Royal Institute of Technology – KTH;
- OpTIMUS Community;
and a number of other African and international partners.
On this occasion FEEM attends with different contributions:
- Paolo Carnevale, Executive Director presents “Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei: New Perspectives of a Think Tank in Africa” regarding FEEM approach on Africa’s energy challenges;
- Manfred Hafner, Future Energy Program – FEP Coordinator presents the FEEM book: “Energy in Africa & Renewable Energy and Sustainability in East Africa”;
- Emanuela Colombo, Africa:REP Research Program Scientific Coordinator presents a scientific report on Integrating Energy Modelling with Economic and Environmental Impact Assessment (OSeMOSYS-IO Model);
- Davide Mazzoni, Future Energy Program – FEP Researcher presents “The Role of Digitalization in fostering Energy Access”, a FEEM’s research on how Digitalization can foster Energy Access.