20th Coalition Theory Network Workshop
09:00 - 18:00
Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, on behalf of the Coalition Theory Network, is honoured to host the 20th Coalition Theory Network Workshop, to be held in Venice, Italy, on 19-20 March 2015.
The Coalition Theory Network (CTN) is an association of eight high-level scientific institutions whose aim is the advancement and diffusion of research in the area of network theory and coalition formation:
- Centre d’Économie de la Sorbonne (CES) – Université Paris 1, France
- Center for Operation Research and Econometrics (CORE) – Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM), Italy
- Groupement de Recherche en Economie Quantitative d’Aix-Marseille (GREQAM) – Université de Marseille, France
- Markets, Organizations and Votes in Economics (MOVE), Spain
- NES Center for the Study of Divesity and Social Interactions (CSDSI), Russia
- Universiteit Maastricht – Department of Economics, The Netherlands
- Vanderbilt University – Department of Economics, USA
The Workshop will be mainly devoted to the theoretical and empirical analysis of networks and groups. This pertains to different aspects of social and economic systems, among which the management of international public goods, the governance of economic unions, the formation of industrial cartels and collaborations, the patterns of racial integration in social networks, and the endogenous evolution and structure of institutions, etc.
For this special edition of the CTN Workshop, which will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its activities, the key-note speakers will be:
Prof. Rabah Amir, Univeristy of Iowa, USA
Prof. Debraj Ray, New York University, USA
Prof. Matthias Sutter, University of Cologne, Germany and University of Innsbruck, Austria
The workshop Scientific Committee is composed by the CTN Scientific Board representatives:
- Prof. Yann Bramoullé, Université de Marseille and Laval University
- Prof. Carlo Carraro, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Prof. Tomás Rodríguez Barraquer, Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona
- Prof. Agnieszka Rusinowska, CNRS and Université Paris 1
- Prof. Giacomo Valletta, Maastricht University
- Prof. Vincent Vannetelbosch, Université Catholique de Louvain
- Prof. Shlomo Weber, New Economics School and Southern Methodist University
- Prof. Myrna Wooders, Vanderbilt University
The committee will review submissions and will select the papers accepted for presentation at the 20th Coalition Theory Network Workshop.
Papers or extended abstracts (in pdf format) can be submitted using the submission form available at http://www.coalitiontheory.net/form/20CTN-form. Please include Abstract, JEL Codes and Keywords with your submission. PhD students’ applications are particularly welcome.
Deadline for application is December 15, 2014. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
All acceptance/rejection decisions will be communicated by January 31, 2015.
Along with CTN tradition, speakers and other registered participants will not be required to pay a participation fee. Registrations will open on February, 10 2015. The number of available places is limited. They will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
Further inquiries should be directed to Ms Silvia Bertolin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please visit the new CTN website (www.coalitiontheory.net) for updates on this 20th edition, for information about prior CTN workshops, and for further information about the Network.