Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei presents the Series “Economic Modelling Seminars”
Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei and University of Brescia, in collaboration with the Italian Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (IAERE), European University Institute, Department of Environmental Science and Policy of the University of Milan, Department of Economics and Management of the University of Padova and University of Siena are glad to present the Series “Economic Modelling Seminars”.
The series aims at bringing together academics of excellence, discussing economics research around prominent themes.
The seminars will be moderated by Professor Sergio Vergalli (University of Brescia, IAERE President and Programme Director MET, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei).
Below the forthcoming events:
- On the 1st of December 2020, Prof. Robert S. Pindyck (MIT Sloan School of Management) will present “Welfare Costs of Catastrophes: Lost Consumption and Lost Lives”
- On the 11th of December 2020, Prof. Geoffrey M. Heal (Columbia University) will present “The Political Economy of Responses to COVID-19 in the USA”
- On the 14th of December 2020, Prof. Gijsbert Zwart (University of Groningen), will present “Optimal regulation of energy network expansion when costs are stochastic”
- On the 21st of January 2021, Prof. Richard Tol (University of Sussex and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam) will present “The economic impact of climate and weather“
- On the 8th of February 2021, Prof. Dirk Bergemann (Douglass and Marion Campbell Professor of Economics at Yale University) will present “The economics of social data”
- On the 18th of February 2021, Prof. Christian Gollier (Toulouse School of Economics) will present “The welfare cost of ignoring the beta”
- On the 11th of March 2021, Prof. Rick van der Ploeg (Oxford University and University of Amsterdam) will present “Gathering political support for green tax reform ”
- On the 18th of March 2021, Prof. Reyer Gerlagh (Tilburg School of Economics and Management) will present “Special Interest Climate Policy“
- On the 8th of April 2021, Prof. Phoebe Koundouri (Athens University of Economics and Business) will present “The Economic Case for a Sustainable Recovery from COVID-19 Pandemic“
- On the 20th of May 2021, Prof. Gilbert Metcalf (Tufts University) will present “The Macroeconomic Effects of a Carbon Tax to Meet the U.S. Paris Agreement Target: The Role of Firm Creation and Technology Adoption “
- On the 3rd of June 2021, Prof. Robert N. Stavins (Harvard University) will present “The Future of U.S. Carbon-Pricing Policy”
- On the 8th of July 2021, Prof. Paul Ekins (University College London) will present “Growth, Degrowth and Environmental Sustainability”
- On the 28th of October 2021, Prof. Robert Mendelsohn (Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies) will present “The Impact of Climate Change on GDP and Growth“
- On the 2nd of December 2021, Prof. Michael Spence (2001 Nobel Prize in Economics, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University) will give a speech on “Major Transformations: Opportunities and Challenges“
All the seminars will be held online. Questions about the seminars and requests for information should be directed to Ilenia Gaia Romani, IAERE Secretary General, at email@example.com
Organizing Committee: Sergio Vergalli, Marta Castellini, Ilenia Gaia Romani.
Image Credits – Road to IAERE 2021 “Proxies for the Past” by Jill Pelto