Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei supports the Task Force 5 of the Think20 Italy
The Think20 (T20) is the official engagement group of the G20, bringing together leading think tanks and research centers worldwide. It serves as the ‘ideas bank’ of the G20 and aims to provide research-based policy recommendations to the G20 leaders. The T20 Italy strives to be inclusive, digital and policy-oriented in order to better engage the research community, policy-makers and the public at large in the context of the year-long Italian presidency of the G20.
ISPI (Italian Institute for International Political Studies) is the National Coordinator and Chair of the T20 Italy, with IAI (Istituto Affari Internazionali) as the T20 Co-Chair and Bocconi University as the T20 Summit Co-Chair.
Laura Cavalli, 2030 Agenda Research Program Coordinator at Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, takes part in the Task Force “TF5 – 2030 Agenda and Development Cooperation” of T20 Italy.
The main policy areas of TF5 of T20 Italy are:
- COVID-19 and SDGs achievements in low- and middle-income countries
- The role of the multilateral development system in response to the COVID-19 crisis
- Integrated approaches to public and private finance to support sustainable development: the role of existing financial frameworks
- Beyond official development assistance: a new global architecture for aid
- Private sector engagement for SDGs
- SDG’s strategies for gender equality and women empowerment in low-and middle-income countries
- 2030 Agenda and debt relief
- Global recovery initiatives and the implementation of SDGs