EMEE 2018 - 11th International Workshop on "Empirical Methods in Energy Economics"
The 11th International Workshop on Empirical Methods in Energy Economics (EMEE 2018) will be hosted by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei at the Palazzo delle Stelline (Milan, Italy) on 14-15 June 2018.
The EMEE 2018 is intended as a forum for the development and application of empirical methods in energy economics. It follows the tradition of successful predecessors held in Zurich, Switzerland (2008), Jasper, Canada (2009), Guilford, England (2010), Dallas, Texas (2011), Berlin, Germany (2012), Ottawa, Canada (2013), Aachen, Germany (2014), College Park, Maryland (2015), Oviedo, Spain (2016), Los Angeles, USA (2017). Details on previous workshops, along with information about joining the EMEE Network, can be found on the EMEE network webpage at http://www.emee.ethz.ch.
To foster a lively debate and a comprehensive exchange of ideas about new empirical research in energy economics, the 2018 workshop will allow time for a full presentation and discussion of each contribution. The selected papers will be presented and discussed in thematic plenary sessions each day to ensure the workshop participants’ attendance at all presentations.
All the selected papers will be circulated in advance of the workshop so that participants have an opportunity to read them prior to the presentations. Participants are expected to attend the entire workshop and it is hoped that all participants will play a role as authors, discussants or session chairs.
The selection of submitted papers and extended abstracts has been directed and made by the EMEE Scientific Committee, which includes, among others, the EMEE Scientific Network Coordinator and the 2018 local organizer:
- Andrea Bigano, FEEM and CMCC, Italy and Far East Federal University, Russia (Local organizer)
- Anna Alberini, University of Maryland, USA
- Antonio Bento, University of Southern California, USA
- David Broadstock, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Massimo Filippini, CEPE, ETH Zurich, and università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, Switzerland
- Kenneth Gillingham, Yale University, USA
- Lester Hunt, University of Portsmouth, UK
- Reinhard Madlener, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Erich Muehlegger, University of California, Davis, USA
- Luis Orea, University of Oviedo, Spain
- André Plourde, Carleton University, Canada
The 2018 local organizers are:
- Andrea Bigano, FEEM and CMCC, Italy and Far East Federal University, Russia
- Valeria Di Cosmo, FEEM, Italy, ESRI, Ireland and IEA, France
- Laura Pellizzola, FEEM, Italy