37th International Energy Workshop
Chalmers University of Technology
The 37th edition of the International Energy Workshop (IEW) will be hosted by the Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden on June 19-21, 2018.
We look forward to welcoming you to Gothenburg for the IEW 2018.
The IEW is a leading conference for the international energy modelling community.
In a world of environmental and economic constraints, energy modelling is an increasingly important tool for addressing the complexity of energy planning and policy making. The IEW provides a venue for scholars and researchers to compare quantitative energy projections, to understand the reasons for diverging views of future energy developments, and to observe new trends in global energy supply and demand.
The list of the keynote speakers and the programme overview are available on IEW 2018 website.
A (non-exclusive) list of potential conference topics is:
- Post Paris climate policy and implementation approaches for Nationally Determined Contributions
- Energy and climate systems with a focus on adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Economics of renewable energy technologies and options to increase system flexibility
- Modelling sustainable systems and meeting sustainable development goals
- Energy demand and supply, and energy efficiency
- Modelling from the supply chain perspective
- Socioeconomics of the energy transition
- Addressing uncertainties in the transformation of the energy system
- Feasibility of large-scale investments such as the hydrogen economy, and bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS)
- Major transitions in transportation and new modelling approaches
- Selected papers will be presented and discussed in thematic and poster sessions, circulated during the meeting, and also posted on the meeting website.
A series of plenary sessions with the invited keynote speakers, focused on the IEW 2018 scientific and technical themes, are planned for each day. The selected papers will be presented and discussed in thematic sessions each day.
Registration and detailed information can be found on the conference website: IEW 2018.
The selection of submitted papers and long abstracts has been directed and made by the IEW Program Committee, which includes, among others, the IEW co-directors and the 2018 local organisers:
- Geoffrey Blanford, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Massimo Tavoni, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM)
- Bob van der Zwaan, Energy research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN)
- Sonia Yeh, Chalmers University of Technology
- Christian Azar, Chalmers University of Technology
- Göran Berndes, Chalmers University of Technology
- Lisa Göransson, Chalmers University of Technology
- Maria Grahn, Chalmers University of Technology
- Fredrik Hedenus, Chalmers University of Technology
- Filip Johnsson, Chalmers University of Technology
- Tomas Kåberger, Chalmers University of Technology
- Mariliis Lehtveer, Chalmers University of Technology
- Lina Reichenberg, Chalmers University of Technology
IEA-ETSAP meetings Back to back with IEW 2018, the IEA-ETSAP meetings will be held in Gothenburg as follows: on Sunday June 17th and Monday June 18th the regular ETSAP workshop; on Monday afternoon June 18th, the Executive Committee meeting; from Tuesday to Thursday, June 19th – 21st, the VEDA-TIMES introductory training course. More details are available at IEA-ETSAP website.